Pages

Kate Beckinsale

Beckinsale decided at a young age that she wanted to be an actress: "I grew up immersed in film. My family were in the business. I quickly realised that my parents seemed to have much more fun in their work than any of my friends’ parents."She made her television debut in 1991 with a small part in an ITV adaptation of P. D. James’ Devices and Desires.[14] Also that year, she appeared as a young woman engaging in a forbidden affair with a Nazi officer in the Hallmark film One Against The Wind.In 1992, she starred alongside Christopher Eccleston in Rachel’s Dream, a 30-minute Channel 4 short, and in 1993, she appeared in the pilot of the ITV detective series, Anna Lee, starring Imogen Stubbs.

In 1993, she landed the role of Hero in Kenneth Branagh's big-screen adaptation of Much Ado About Nothing. It was filmed in Tuscany, Italy during a summer holiday from Oxford University. She attended the film's Cannes Film Festival premiere and later remembered it as an overwhelming experience. "Nobody even told me I could bring a friend!" "I had Doc Martens boots on, and I think I put the flower from the breakfast tray in my hair".[19] Peter Travers of Rolling Stone was won over by her "lovely" performance while Vincent Canby of The New York Times noted that she and Robert Sean Leonard "look right and behave with a certain naive sincerity, although they often seem numb with surprise at hearing the complex locutions they speak."She filmed three other movies while at university. In 1994, she appeared as Christian Bale's love interest in Prince of Jutland, a film based on the Danish legend which inspired Shakespeare's Hamlet, and starred in the murder mystery Uncovered.In 1995, while studying in Paris, she filmed the French-language Marie-Louise Ou La Permission.

Kate Beckinsale

Kate Beckinsale 2011

Kate Beckinsale

Kate Beckinsale 2011

Kate Beckinsale

Kate Beckinsale 2011

Kate Beckinsale

Kate Beckinsale 2011

Kate Beckinsale

Kate Beckinsale 2011

Kate Beckinsale

Kate Beckinsale 2011

Kate Beckinsale

Kate Beckinsale 2011

Kate Beckinsale

Kate Beckinsale 2011

Kate Beckinsale

Kate Beckinsale 2011

Kate Beckinsale

Kate Beckinsale 2011